Torrington Downtown Partners, Torrington Library's Teen Advisory Board, and Five Points Center for the Visual Arts bring you a classic drive-in movie theater at Five Points.Indiana Jones has been POSTPONED from August 8th to August 15th due to the recent storm. Purchased tickets will automatically transfer to the August 15th date. If you cannot attend and would like to transfer to another movie date, please email us at email@example.com. If you would like a refund, please request one via Eventbrite and we will approve it ASAP. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.
The new drive-in has been written up in the Republican-American at https://www.rep-am.com/local/localnews/2020/07/17/drive-in-movies-make-a-comeback-in-torrington-with-a-pop-up-theater-to-show-films-saturday-nights/
There has also been an article in the Register-Citizen at www.registercitizen.com/news/article/Torrington-Library-teen-council-Downtown-15429634.php
The drive-in was featured on the television show City Views: https://youtu.be/H5V3vVvkP3g
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are on sale the Monday before the movie showing!
$20.00 per car-load! Sales at the gate are cash only.
Check each night to make sure we're not SOLD OUT! SOLD OUT shows will be announced on Facebook.
Gates will open at 7:30pm and all movies will start at 8:30 pm. We will have food trucks, but you are welcome to bring your own food and snacks. You are responsible for garbage removal.
Tune your radio to FM 91.1 to hear the movie!
Below are rules that we require all moviegoers to follow. They are intended to protect you, our employees and community as our collective health is of upmost importance during these challenging times.
- Please do not enter the premises if you are experiencing flu like symptoms or have a fever, a persistent cough or experiencing shortness of breath. Please also do not enter the premises if you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19.
- You must wear a mask when you are on the premises. This includes wearing a mask when visiting the bathroom and any food trucks.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- No Alcohol
- Pets are not permitted in consideration of the other viewers.
- You must stay in your vehicle at all times except to visit the bathroom and food trucks.
- You must view the movie from within your vehicle. You are currently allowed to sit in the bed of your truck or in your open hatchback. You can set-up chairs directly in front of your vehicle, but not to the sides. This is subject to change based upon state guidelines.
- You must practice social distancing at all times.
- When parking your car to view a movie, you must ensure that there is one space between you and the next car.
- You must follow all other guidelines posted at the property as well as the CDC.
If you do not follow the above guidelines, you will be asked to leave without refund.
We sincerely thank you for your support of the Torrington Drive-In at Five Points and making it a safe and special place for all patrons.